Monday, January 4, 2010

First day back!

I tossed and turned all night last night. I think I may have been a little bit excited to get back at it! I was crazy busy all day at work too which made the day zoooooom by. In a week I start a 4 month assignment which will pay me around $200 extra net per month. So in preparing for this I've been trying to wrap up loose ends in my current job while learning stuff about the new job at the same time. It's going to be quite an interesting experience.

I also received an email today from someone else within the department who's interested in meeting with me to discuss a potential job opportunity. I love how when I'm not even looking for jobs they seem to fall in my lap! Where I'm at now I'm fortunate enough to get my university courses paid for so if I move that condition will have to follow. The nice thing about the opportunity being presented to me is that there's more chance of advancement for me, where I am now, to get anything better that's permanent I would need a university degree, and I'm still a long ways away from obtaining it.

Because of all the busyness at work, I ended up staying late an extra half hour.. which somehow double my time getting home as traffic was heavier. Not fun, but it's not an every day thing. I was hoping to run and also workout this afternoon but all that went out the window. My bf had a lovely smoothie waiting for me when I got home though which was amazing because I was STARVING!

Dinner ended up being Butter Chicken made with leftover turkey and brocoli served on some minute rice. Still no pictures, but take my word for it, it was DELISH! The bf and I played rock/paper/scissors for the leftovers but he won, boourns to that!

While I was getting dinner prepared I was on the phone with the bank which is always fun. When I had set up my student line of credit I had asked for the monthly interest fee to be automatically taken from my chequing account, the fee went through on January 1st but nothing ever came out of my account. Sure enough the girl told me that it was never set up how I had wanted but she fixed that up for me so I'm good to go moving forward. I also activated my new TD Visa which arrived in the mail today, finally! And speaking of things arriving in the mail, my Tax Package also arrived! Am I the only one who gets excited about doing taxes??? Last year I actually got a small refund, less than $50 but every year prior I was always paying. I can't wait to see how all the changes I've made this year will have improved my return. Plus, we took advantage of the Home Renovation Tax credit so a bit of money from that will be coming back our way.

Money-wise I was good today. Well, good but bad. I only spent $1 which is good.. but it was on tea. I have a kettle in my office along with mugs and tea bags but I had it in my head that I wanted a honey lemon tea to help with my sore throat. The $1 comes out of my $20 weekly allowance though so it's all good, it just feels like a waste to essentially pay for hot water!

Tomorrow I have a couple of errands to run. First to the old bank to pay off my old student LOC as my reiumbursement cheque came in. Next to my current bank to deposit a cheque to pay for the Christmas present I got myself! And finally a couple blocks down to Zellers to return the running tights I bought even though I should have just walked away but felt embarassed.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking out my blog today!

    I can't wait to pay off my student LOC. I'm so impatient to have my debt out of the way. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. Butter chicken. I haven't had that in the longest time! :)

    ReplyDelete