Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Party Day!

Jeff's work Christmas party is tonight. I haven't particularly been looking forward to going as I won't know very many people, but today I'm starting to get a bit excited! My aunt, who's a hairdresser was supposed to touch up my color and then do my hair for me but she's MIA which majorly sucks.. but my hair is short, so it's not terribly difficult to style. Last year I had bought a dress for another party we ended up not doing to, so I'm just going to wear that with some heels. Basic but dressy enough for a formal-type party.

I spent the morning shopping with my mother. Zellers had announced a buy 1 get 1 1/2 Price for their Sportek Activewear and I wanted to pick some stuff up. They had tights marked at $12.97. It was too good to be true though, only the CORE stuff was on sale, none of the Running :( I bought 2 pairs of tights and it came up to $60! I felt too embarassed to cancel my purchase though, so I'll for sure be returning those, either tomorrow or this week sometime.

Afterwards we went to Walmart and they had some decent tights and shorts at almost a third of the price. RIDIC. I bought a pair of shorts and will be back once I've returned my other things. Stupid Zellers, this is what I get for trying to support Canadian stores. Idk.

I also stopped by the store and picked up 2 beautiful loaves of bread and some crunchy pears. YUM!

Last night we had a quiet New Years Day. Lots of tv, video games and movies. Apparently we were supposed to be eating dinner at my parents house, but nothing was ever confirmed so I cooked a turkey. It was the BEST. TURKEY. EVER. Omg. i got an about 8lb Butterball. Thawed it overnight. Rinsed & patted dry. I then cut up 1 carrot, 2 celery stalks and an onion and stuffed the bird, then I rubbed some olive oil all over, sprinkled sea salt + pepper and threw it in over at 425 for 25 minutes and then down to 275 for the rest of the time. Also, I cooked her breast down and the meat came out SO. JUICY. This is my 3rd attempt at making my own turkey and this is by far a success. I will make it this way every time from now on!

The EA Active Sports is still majorly kicking my butt. My muscles are still store from day 1 but I've been doing a workout each and every day. After each EA workout I've been doing 10 mins of Step Aerobics using Wii Fit. I got the riser for the step and it's actually a decentish workout. I wanted to also try a short 3k run but I'm going to save that for tomorrow I think.

While we were out I was able to convince my mom to come and do yoga with me. So tonight or tomorrow I'll be looking up locations and dates and sign us up! I'm excited to do this with her! It'll be a good way for us to spend time together without shopping which seems to be all we know how to do!

Anyways, I have to go and shower and do my nails real quick! We have to leave in just under an hour and a half! I can't believe vacation is almost over :(

No comments:

Post a Comment